WANTED: Digital content creators with active video channels and growing subscriber bases!
The St. Petersburg/Clearwater Film Commission has launched Digital Creator Studio, a program modeled after the highly successful YouTube Space. The program is designed for creators of all levels to produce high-quality video content, learn new skills, and collaborate with the local digital creative community.
The Film Commission recognizes that digital media is important for any business. Brands like Marriott International, Red Bull, and BMW are creating original content and uploading it to video sharing sites where it's viewed hundreds, thousands, even millions of times. It's an important part of building and promoting a brand -- even if you're the brand -- and it works.
The Digital Creator Studio
- Supports industry development via the creation of a Digital Creator Studio program in Pinellas County in partnership with local production studios and the Film Commission.
- Enables creators to collaborate and produce high-quality video content by providing access to professional production studios, sound stages, equipment and educational opportunities.
- Develops content creators to work with local businesses to enhance their digital video branding and marketing.
- Brands the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area as a viable destination for digital media content creation.
- Highlights the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area to industry movers and shakers.
- Helps promote and brand the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Film Commission by doing what no other film commissions are doing.
To qualify for the Digital Creator Studio, a creator must:
- Have an active video channel with quality content and a substantial subscriber base OR the proven talent to achieve both.
- Have no current copyright, flags or other strikes on the qualifying channel(s).
- Attend a mandatory 4-hour live boot camp covering usage guidelines, available production studios and resources, tips for growing/targeting/sustaining/monetizing channels, and more.
- Be at least 18 years old.
How to participate
Step 1: Complete and submit the Digital Creator Studio application.
Step 2: The St. Petersburg/Clearwater Film Commission evaluates the application and determines if it's mutually-beneficial to support the applicant's efforts.
Step 3: If so, the applicant is invited to attend the Digital Creator Studio boot camp.
Step 4: After completing the boot camp/orientation, program participants are eligible to reserve studio space and sound stages at partner studios, and access special production programs, educational offerings, and exclusive events and screenings.
About the boot camp
Film Commissioner and Instructor Tony Armer leads the boot camp that covers:
- 10 Fundamentals of a Creative Strategy
- Grow Your Audience: Channel and Video Optimization
- Make Money with YouTube, Amazon and Vimeo
- Collaborate: 7 Best Practices
- The Best Online Platforms for your Videos
What's the catch?
There isn't one! The Film Commission works with creators and studios, and provides for the studio time used. Program participants retain ownership of content and any monetization.
Content creation guidelines
The St. Petersburg/Clearwater Film Commission reserves the right to approve the concept or subject matter of all content to be produced at partner studios.
Content cannot be offensive.
Content creators must abide by generally accepted copyright guidelines.
All content created must pass through a clearance review prior to publishing.
Projects must include Special Thanks To and the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Film Commission logo.
The St. Petersburg/Clearwater Film Commission offers a variety of classes and workshops designed to cultivate skills. Most are free and open to all creators and members of the community. The number of people is limited, therefore seating is by reservation on a first-come, first-served basis. Past classes and workshops have covered topics including: producing, cinematography, color correction, directing actors, editing, production design, casting, crowdfunding, 360º video training, social media for filmmakers, and building your YouTube channel. Future topics TBA.
The St. Petersburg/Clearwater Film Commission periodically hosts free Q&A sessions with digital media experts and influencers, such as:
- A Day with George Takei, a huge cultural icon with 10 million+ followers on social media, 40,460 subscribers to his YouTube channel, and a combined 8.7 million views of his videos. George appeared in Kevin's Epic Adventures filmed in St. Petersburg/Clearwater.
- An Evening with Freddie Wong, who has a Top 25 YouTube Channel and over 50 billion views - more views than the past eight Super Bowls combined. Freddie signed a partnershop with Lionsgate, and starred in Freddie Wong Flies a Jetpack Rocketjump Style, also filmed in St. Petersburg/Clearwater.
14375 Myerlake Circle
Clearwater, FL 33760
442 94th Ave. N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33702
10901 Roosevelt Blvd.
Saint Petersburg, FL 33716
2830 Scherer Drive, Suite 330
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
14220 66th Street N
Clearwater, FL 33764
Christian Television Network
6922 142nd Avenue
Largo, FL 33771
Red Gear Studios
699 East Lakeview Road
Clearwater, FL 33756
Pitch Video Studios
7441 114th Ave #605,
Largo, FL 33773
10530 72nd Street N (Unit 706)
Largo, FL 33777